Stop Mold Cold to Avoid Serious Damage to Your Home!
Mold is one of the most dangerous contaminants known in the home. Mold thrives on wet or damp surfaces. Wood, drywall, wallpaper, ceiling tiles, carpets, and even insulation materials can all become infected with mold. Growth begins quickly, in as little as 48 hours.
Mold may harm your home or the underlying structure of your building and this is certainly serious. What’s most dangerous is the potential of mold to harm or seriously impact your health. This is why, if you see or suspect any type of mold in your home, you need to act fast to eliminate the problem before it spreads. We’re here for you 24/7 and we have the experience to eliminate this problem.
The technologies we deploy with mold are the most modern and effective available. For example, infrared technology is used during our mold detection process to remove mold successfully and protect your property.
Our team at ServiceMaster by Melin are experts in mold removal and remediation. Each one of our expert technicians are professionally certified and trained by the IICRC, the leading industry nonprofit association dedicated to inspection, cleaning, and restoration. Homeowners are rightly cautious in selecting an experienced mold removal company like ours; improper techniques with mold can cause serious structural damage.
Our certified and experienced technicians regularly handle any size of mold infestation – there is no job too large. We work exactly as you need; we efficiently and effectively eliminate your mold. At ServiceMaster by Melin we’re proud to serve the communities we grew up in: Stanislaus and Merced counties. We are available 24/7 for your convenience.
Each customer we serve needs a custom plan to remove the mold they have at home or at work. That’s exactly what we do every day. We are also experienced in working with insurance companies to save you time and get your property restored quickly.
What is Mold?
Mold is considered a microscopic life form and it grows in all parts of the world. It is a natural part of the process when organic matter decays. Mold is also very diverse, there are many different species. These diverse species have much in common:
- Molds need an organic food source to grow. Most common indoors is cellulose and you find it in building materials such as wood and drywall.
- Mold needs oxygen and you will not find it underwater.
- To live, mold needs water or moisture. This is why buildings must be kept dry to prevent mold.
- Mold spreads through spores which are tiny, microscopic particles. Spores may be a greenish color, brown or black. Spores are usually visible and look like fuzzy growths on walls, floors or ceilings. This fuzzy-like growth may even emit an unpleasant, musty odor. As mold works to digest decaying organic matter, it can eventually destroy the surface it lives on.
- People exposed to mold may experience a mild to severe allergic reaction.
What Steps Should I Take if I Suspect Mold?
- Begin with a professional inspection; at ServiceMaster by Melin, you’ll receive a report that clarifies whether your problem is dangerous mold or not.
- Work with your chosen service provider to immediately repair and eliminate the problem causing moisture to enter the home.
- Make sure the company you hire reacts quickly to dry and clean impacted areas.
- Ensure that building structures and plumbing systems are up to code.
- Ensure that your service provider is documenting each step they take.
- Demand that your service company shares a remediation plan detailing the method, scope, time, and controls to be used during the project.
- Stay informed and alerted to any emergencies, especially if you or your family members need to be relocated.
- Ask your service provider to remove infected items under negative pressure containment and in a way that does not contaminate clean areas in your home.
- Be sure that each item that needs to be cleaned is itemized.
- Double check that your HVAC systems are thoroughly inspected and decontaminated if necessary.
- As the project nears completion, visually inspect all areas to be sure that all visible contamination has been removed.
- At the end of the project, request clearance sampling is performed to ensure areas are safe for re-occupancy.
For topnotch professionalism and expertise to remove mold in Stanislaus and Merced counties, call ServiceMaster by Melin today.
Mold Safety: What Services are Provided