Believe it or not, commercial mold damage can be one of the most dangerous and frustrating experiences to deal with. Mold contamination leads to serious health problems and structural issues, especially when left unaddressed. When given a sufficient time frame, mold can spread far from where it initially entered your building to create a pervasive problem that needs immediate attention.
Let’s look at the most common signs of mold damage, health problems associated with mold growth, structural issues that come from mold, how to prevent mold growth, and how ServiceMaster by Melin by GM provides the most effective professional mold damage services to restore your business property.
What Are the Signs of Mold Damage?
If you have had any of the following issues recently, your business could be at risk for mold damage:
- Flooding or water damage
- Leaks in or around the building (ie. burst pipes, leaking HVAC systems)
- Musty odors in the building
- Discoloration or water stains on the walls or ceilings
Serious Health Problems Caused by Mold
If your business is contaminated with mold, it’s not uncommon for you, your staff, and customers to experience:
- Breathing difficulties and aggravation of asthma symptoms
- Sinusitis (the inflammation of the sinus cavities)
- Skin irritation and infections
- Unexplainable headaches
- Persistent sore throats
- Moderate to severe allergic reactions
- And more
Structural Mold Damage to Your Business
Beyond health complications, mold growth causes significant structural damage to the materials they grow on throughout your commercial property. Mold can damage your drywall, furnishings, and even the building’s foundation. That’s why it’s important to act fast at the first sign of moisture in your business.
How to Prevent the Growth of Mold
- Add exhaust fans to speed up the drying process after using lots of water or liquid cleaners.
- Wipe down all affected surfaces to pick up more mold spores instead of dusting or vacuuming, which can spread spores.
- Bleach or baking soda are effective ways to stop mold growth before it begins.
- Reusable mop heads may become traps for mold, so be sure to thoroughly wash, sanitize, and dry them between uses and cleaning efforts between areas.
- Wipe up any condensation around doors and windows to prevent the start of mold from traveling along with the window frame or wallboard.
- Using UV light kills mold in an unoccupied room. However, be sure to not use it in a space where there are plants or animals.
- Sanitize the drains and gutters inside and outside your property with an annual treatment to minimize the amount of mold.
Our Mold Inspection & Removal Process
ServiceMaster by Melin provides commercial mold damage removal and inspection services that are designed to eliminate all traces of mold growth. We make the mold damage removal and restoration process simple:
- First, we assess the damage in and around your commercial business property.
- Second, we’ll work with you to create a comprehensive mold remediation plan tailored to your unique needs for mold damage removal and restoration. This includes scheduling during off-hours to minimize business interruption.
- Next, we’ll begin work and keep you informed every step of the way.
- Once the job is completed, we provide a final walkthrough to inform you of the work completed, potential mold hazards in the future, and steps you can take to prevent mold once and for all.
If you suspect or are unsure if your business is contaminated by mold, ServiceMaster by Melin works with nationally recognized testing facilities to provide comprehensive mold inspection services. With accurate laboratory analysis and comprehensive remediation, we can identify and eliminate the source of what has caused the mold for overall peace of mind.
Commercial Mold Damage Restoration from ServiceMaster by Melin
If you are ready to get rid of commercial mold damage, contact the commercial mold damage experts at ServiceMaster by Melin today. We offer prompt assessments, the fastest remediation services available, and work with your budget to keep your home mold-free.